SOGO Department Store Renovation
In early 2010, SOGO, one of the biggest department store in Hong Kong, was planning for a large scale renovation.
One of the main scope was the replacement work of existing flooring. SOGO was looking for a reliable and long term total solution for the whole flooring system.
The first ARDEX proposal and the mock-up on-site were completed and adopted by SOGO in November 2010. Materials named ARDEX A35, ARDEX S16 and ARDEX MG became a rapid-set and effloressence-free solution for the stone flooring installation work in our projects.
In around 20 month-work, over 7,000m² renovated floor area has been completed by this ARDEX Stone Floor System.
After the work has been successfully completed, SOGO issued an acknowledge letter to ARDEX in September 2012. Special thanks to your Technical Manager and looking forward to work with ARDEX again.
Products used for this project
ARDEX A 35
Ultra Rapid Drying Cement for Internal Screeds
- Walkable in 3 hours
- Receives floorcoverings after 24 hours, regardless of thickness
ARDEX S 16
Rapid Drying Natural Stone Wall & Floor Tile Adhesive
- Minimises the risk of water staining, curling and warping in moisture-sensitive natural stone
- Tiles can be trafficked and grouted 2-3 hours after fixing
Rapid Drying Natural Stone Wall & Floor Tile Grout
- Minimises the risk of water staining with moisture-sensitive natural stone
- Tiles can be trafficked after 90 minutes