Disneyland Hollywood Restaurant
Disney Hong Kong invited ARDEX Hong Kong to investigate the conditions of their reconstituted stone floor tiles in the Hollywood Restaurant. They kept on rectifying those defective floor tiles every 4 to 6 months. They did a number of tests which resulted that the waterproofing membrane was performed well.
After investigation by ARDEX, we shared with the client that the defects were mainly caused by the moisture rising from screed, tile adhesive and as well the grout.
We proposed the whole flooring system with our ARDURAPID™ formulation which means the material would be dried by chemical reaction but NOT evaporation.
Therefore, the newly installed floor tiles will not be affected by the rising moisture anymore.
Products used for this project
ARDEX S 16
Rapid Drying Natural Stone Wall & Floor Tile Adhesive
- Minimises the risk of water staining, curling and warping in moisture-sensitive natural stone
- Tiles can be trafficked and grouted 2-3 hours after fixing
Rapid Drying Natural Stone Wall & Floor Tile Grout
- Minimises the risk of water staining with moisture-sensitive natural stone
- Tiles can be trafficked after 90 minutes
ARDEX K 15
Rapid Drying Heavy Duty Self-Levelling Smoothing Compound
- Walkable after 2 hours
- Receives floorcoverings the next day, regardless of thickness