The client would like to have a heavy duty, durable up to 20 years and a tailor-made yellow waterproofing material on the roof top.
Wynn has high requirements on building materials to ensure excellent building quality. Besides performance, the color of the roof waterproofing layer has also been specified to match with the gold and champagne color tone of the entire building.
ARDEX Sheltercoat system has been selected to cope with these requirements.
The bottom layer of ARDEX WPM300 epoxy primer provided damp proof ability for the roof. Second layer of ARDEX Sheltercoat liquid applied membrane with ARDEX Reinforcement was the key component, forming an elastic and strong waterproofing body coat. Finally, a tailor made yellowish ARDEX Shelter-Top is applied as the top layer to provide UV protection to the system.
The entire system has excellent waterproofing ability, while its PU characteristics further enhanced its abrasion and chemical corrosion resistance.
Products used for this project
ARDEX WPM 300
Water Based Epoxy Membrane
- Water resistant, prevents rising damp, efflorescence and with stands hydrostatic pressure
- Excellent adhesion to most substrates including damp surfaces and freshly laid green concrete
High Build Acrylic Waterproof Membrane
- Type B I – Liquid Applied Waterproof Roof Covering requiring protect / Type B II – Liquid Applied Waterproof Roof Covering with self-finishes
- Specially designed for exposed situations
Spray Applied Polyurethane Topcoat
- Top coat of the Heavy Duty Spray Applied Waterproofing PU Membrane System
- 100% water based, Low-VOC, FDA grade