Kwai Tsing Theatre
The opening of Kwai Tsing Theatre was in November 1999. The Theatre’s 899-seat Auditorium is equipped to cater for all types of performances. Over the past fifteen years, the Theatre has provided quality support to numerous local and visiting stage productions to the spectacular enjoyment of its audience. In order to enhance and upgrade the waterproofing ability of the 8500m2 roof, Ardex waterproofing system was specified to meet with the high quality requirements, and to reduce the total construction time to minimize impact to the public.
The contract period was short to minimize the impact to the public.
The theatre was close to residential area, pollution and noise control were very important.
ARDEX Sheltercoat system was used to address these issues. The existing roofing system could be retained as to reduce landfill loading, air pollution and also noise pollution. The low VOC features of the system also benefited the citizens. The super high application efficiency reduced the disturbance to the public. The excellent adhesion and chemical resistance made it ideal for regular maintenance traffic.
Products used for this project
ARDEX WPM 300
Water Based Epoxy Membrane
- Water resistant, prevents rising damp, efflorescence and with stands hydrostatic pressure
- Excellent adhesion to most substrates including damp surfaces and freshly laid green concrete
High Build Acrylic Waterproof Membrane
- Type B I – Liquid Applied Waterproof Roof Covering requiring protect / Type B II – Liquid Applied Waterproof Roof Covering with self-finishes
- Specially designed for exposed situations
Spray Applied Polyurethane Topcoat
- Top coat of the Heavy Duty Spray Applied Waterproofing PU Membrane System
- 100% water based, Low-VOC, FDA grade